Come work for BrightStar Care, a company who believes in Serving with Passion and Doing the Right Thing.
The CNA Field Specialist is a member of a dedicated home care team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various personal care services, introductions, mentoring, and office work.
Our independently owned and operated team is looking for a high-energy CNA-certified individual that would like full time work in a fast growing home care company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides assistance with Client care
* Fill in for staff in times of emergency and unexpected absences and perform services as outlined in the care plan for each client..
* Be prepared to leave for work within 15-minute notice during your scheduled hours.
* * Dressed, groomed and ready to go in Uniform with ID Badge
* Personal childcare pre-arranged
* The following items must be in order:
* * Cell phone charged and ringer turned on
* Transportation available for use
* Have blank timesheets and care notes on hand at all times.
* Provide office staffing as needed. (scheduled for Fridays unless visits are scheduled)
* Introduce staff to clients for first time visits.
Review Care Plan with staff to ensure staff understands the requirements of the assignment.
Ensure compatibility for both client and staff and a smooth transition for the assignment.
* Occasional site visits with clients to check on them, to ask how the aide working for the client is doing, to inspect the aide regarding dress, behavior, manners, etc.
Inform the DON/office staff, should there be any issues to address for the employee or the client.
* Guaranteed 35 hours/week, with the expectation of working 40 hours/week.
* Speak, read and write English. * Current C.N.A.
certification with preferred 3 years of experience, a minimum of one year must be in home care.
We will consider less experience depending on work history.
* Current CPR along with a negative TB skin test or cleared to work chest x-ray.
Reliable transportation, auto insurance, registration, and driver’s license.
* Requires good interpersonal skills and exhibits superior customer service orientation
* Must be highly motivated, self-starter and capable of working autonomously with strong organization and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to safely lift, and physically manipulate patients.
* Skill in performing a range of manual physiotherapy techniques for patients.
* Home environment involves possible exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following safety precautions and may include use of protective equipment.
* Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds.
Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
* Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Requires familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the CNA field.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence as required by BrightStar and the ability to respond professionally and appropriately on behalf of BrightStar.
The CNA Field Specialist requires the ability to prioritize and complete work on time, be detail oriented, exhibit a service orientation to clients and be team player with a positive attitude.
Requires solid organizational skills, thoroughness and multi-tasking.
Requires good interpersonal skills and exhibit a service orientation towards others.
Must have the ability to demonstrate solid judgment about patient care.
Must also demonstrate a sense of understanding and urgency for priorities.
Requires the ability to appropriately troubleshoot and escalate where necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical medical history check and background check.
* Work is normally performed in a typical office/home environment
* Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of this job, such as physical requirements including (but not limited to) climbing stairs, the ability to lift/transfer patients and drive.
COMPENSATION, AVAILABILITY, WORK SCHEDULE
Base Pay: $15.00 per hour
$1.00 per hour will be added to your base pay when working in facilities.
PTO: You are eligible for PTO. It is an accrued benefit.
Your PTO will begin to accrue after six-months of successful performance.
Weekly Hours: You will be guaranteed 35 hours per week with an achievable target for 40 scheduled hours.
If your work is less than 35 hours per week you will be paid the difference at the $15/hr.
rate. If work is declined by you within your agreed upon availability, the guarantee will be null and void for that week.
Every effort will be made to create a regular schedule for you for 10-20 hours each week.
Work Type: Your working environment will be office, home and facility.
Drive Time: Drive time between clients is paid at your hourly rate. You will be paid drive time and mileage for errands for the office. You will be reimbursed mileage when you transport or run errands with your client.
Scheduled Day: Your work week will be Tuesday through Saturday, 6am - 6pm.
You may be offered and can accept work outside of your normal work week.
You will also be offered over-time when available.
Disclaimer: This job profile identifies the general duties and minimum level of skills required to perform this job.
It is not intended to represent comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned.
Location/Region: Salt Lake City, UT (84117)