To support the Head of Internal audit in the delivery of the corporate objectives for this function (i.e. to provide a robust Internal Audit function for the group that is accepted by the business as adding value to the Business, directing processes, procedures and performance which are aligned with the corporate risk appetite and the wider corporate framework).
This position is designed to afford the professional the opportunity to obtain exposure to multiple functions and facilities within the sector. The career path for this position may lead to a professional moving from the IA&A function to serve in leadership capacity for a site or Business Unit or continue in the capacity as a Senior Internal Auditor within the I&AA function.
Reports to: Head of Internal Audit
- Perform Internal Audit reviews to evaluate compliance with CAES policies, statutory legislation and sound business practices, communicating findings to Business Unit and Sector Management
- Support the development of tactical and strategic responses to observed findings noted in internal audit procedures
- Identify opportunities to improve operational activities, and make recommendations to Business Unit and Sector Management to design those changes
- Deliver Internal Audit results to the Director of Internal Audit & Assurance for inclusion in reporting to Cobham AES Holdings Inc. Board
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Confirmation that people processes, including performance management, are followed
- Appreciates the impact of business risk, partnering with management in the identification, assessment and mitigation of business risk
- The development and sustainment of effective working relationships built on trust and respect
- Evaluate conditions and propose actionable recommendations
- Brings appropriate contribution to the executive level as warranted
- Ability to serve as a business partner for business unit management and to contribute to the general management of Cobham
- Internal audit experience, covering finance control and performance.
- Broader perspective in wider business processes e.g. program management and control and IT related issues within an engineering/manufacturing company preferable.
- Able to make plausible judgments about the operations of businesses and make actionable suggestions for improvement
- Ensures that people processes, including performance management, are followed
- Highly effective in the identification and assessment of business risk
- Possess outstanding interpersonal skills that enable solid working relationships with internal and external customers and business partners.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to enable effective, shared understanding and fully informed bases for decision making and planning within affected areas of the organization
- Ability to develop confidence and trust from the senior management levels
- Capable of making appropriate contribution at the executive leadership levels
- Willingness and availability for travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in USG Compliance (E.G., FARS/DFARS, FOCI, ITAR/EAR, government cost accounting)
- Three (3) plus years’ experience in Accounting / Finance role involving the design or audit of internal controls
- Experience with internal and/or external audit within US Government contracting industry
- Experience with IT/ Integrated Financial Systems Audits
- Experience of recommending process improvements within a business
- Advanced skill level in MS Excel, solid working knowledge of MS PowerPoint and Word
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, candidate must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
Key Measures & Milestones:
- Meeting or exceeding the Cobham Sector and/or BU business metrics
- Ability to maintain and improve the effectiveness of the internal financial and business control environment, particularly as regards budgeting and short and long term business planning
- In collaboration with line management, level of effectiveness of corrective and preventive measures recommended and implemented
- Level of detailed familiarity of business operations within his or her scope of responsibility
- Development of knowledge/skills/abilities/competencies/other attributes required for promotion to targeted promotional opportunity within Cobham