NEW STORE OPENING SOON... Duluth Trading Company is opening a store in Grandville, MI (Grand Rapids) and we are seeking Full Time & Flex Part-Time Associates to join the team!
September 20th - 23rd
Wednesday – Friday, 9am to 6pm; Saturday, 9am to 3pm
Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South
2150 Metro Lane
Wyoming, MI 49519
Bring completed application and resume – walk in interviews.
- Competitive wages - depends on experience
- Awesome associate discount
- Flexible schedule
- Benefit package for Full-time associates
All positions start October 11th 2017.
Poke Average in the Eye and apply! At Duluth Trading Co., we're a band of hellbent tinkers and taunters. We're fussers, futzers, and fine-tuners. We are looking for individuals who can help us with great customer service, share stores and just be a part of what makes Duluth Trading a destination. We are looking for just a few people to join our team and help our continued success as a store. Training is provided by expert fine-tuners and just a bunch of fun people to work with.
Purpose of Position
The Duluth Trading Company Sales Associate, in this guest facing role, delivers the Duluth Brand experience. Associates provide thoughtful, engaging and solution based customer service, demonstrates superior product knowledge, a team player, supports the store goals and takes pride in maintaining an organized and clean store environment
- Develops an exceptional familiarity of the Duluth brand and comprehensive product knowledge to provide solution-oriented, friendly service to customers. Understands the customer is the center of what we do.
- Understands how to layer personalized service into each area of interaction from greeting to fitting room to register.
- Effectively communicates sales and promotions.
- Understands the importance of email capture as part of sales and service and executes to standard.
- Responds proactively and is empowered to provide positive resolutions to customer concerns.
- Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including, but not limited to, giving store greeting, directions to store location, and receiving and filling customer orders.
- Assists in receiving, processing and replenishing merchandise.
- Maintains merchandising, presentation and display standards. Sales floor is customer ready.
- Ensures Company standards for cleanliness for the sales floor, stockroom, restrooms, cash wrap and hospitality area.
- Accurately and efficiently processes all register transactions.
- Adheres to all Company policies, procedures and practices.
- Performs any other duties as directed by management.
Knowledge and Background Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Retail experience preferred but not necessary.
- Customer centric.
- Takes pride in a job well done, shows ownership in the store.
- Operates with integrity and trust.
- Excellent communicator and listener.
- Collaborates and functions as part of a team.
- Ability to work a flexible shift including nights and weekends.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to eight hours a day.
- Frequent reaching and bending and twisting – below waist and above shoulders.
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand to finger motions and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lifting up to twenty pounds, occasionally lifting up to 30 pounds. Push/pull up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, reach and bend.
- Work in temperatures ranging from 50 - 85 degrees – especially in our stock room areas.
- Use of a computer up to 60 % of the time throughout the day.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job.