As a Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) with VGM Homelink one will be responsibilities for the verification of insurance coverage and the coordinate and delivery of a full spectrum of durable medical equipment, orthotics and prosthetics, medical supplies, transportation services and home care services. In this role individuals will be working with healthcare professionals, DMEPOS providers and insurance companies all while ensuring patients receive the highest standard of care. Commitment to in-depth knowledge of our insurance carrier contracts and expectations, as well as high-quality standards and timeliness are crucial to success in this role. This position is fast-paced and ever changing; individuals with high energy and passion for exceeding expectations are encouraged to apply.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Hours: Full-time 40 hours/10am-7pm. This position requires week-long on call commitments for a minimum of 4 times/year, additional compensation and/or flex time provided for on-call weeks.
Working Location: Waterloo, Iowa
The Patient Care Coordinator will be well compensated and have opportunities for growth within VGM. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, one will have the opportunity to give back and participate in volunteer opportunities.
Duties of the Job
As a Patient Care Coordinator for DMEPOS, nursing services and transportation, it is expected that a PCC gathers all necessary insurance information and approvals as well as medical documentation needed to complete the coordination of services. This is a fast-paced position with urgent deadline requiring strong personal drive and commitment to success. Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Verify or obtain benefits/authorization for items or services needed.
- Coordinate the delivery of medical equipment or services.
- Knowledge of contract specific guidelines.
- Identifies and resolves service issues.
- Follows strict HIPAA confidentiality guidelines.
- Ensure orders are setup with accurate codes, quantity, and pricing.
- Availability for after hours on-call.
- Must comply with continuing education per company or accreditation mandate.
- Excellent communication skills to keep all parties informed of order status; keeps timely and accurate notes of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments, as well as actions taken.
- Answers telephone, email and faxes timely; takes messages as needed providing answers to questions from patients, staff, and insurance companies.
- Participates in educational activities.
Qualified candidates must have experiences relevant to the job to demonstrate their ability as a self-starter with strong organization and prioritization skill. They must have the ability to forge relationship with colleagues and customers both internally and externally, built on reliability, trust and respect.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a fast-paced customer service role, preferable in the healthcare field.
- Adept critical thinking skills.
- Proven attention to detail, follow-through skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy workloads and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Work well under pressure.
- Flexible with the ability to routinely adapt to change.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Competence to understand, analyze and interpret insurance claims.
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Proficient with computers.
VGM Group, Inc. is a national leader in diverse industries including health care, insurance and golf. Since inception in 1986, VGM (www.VGMgroup.com) has been providing business solutions to more than 25,000 companies throughout the United States and Canada, positioning them to save money and run more efficiently.
We are headquartered in Waterloo, Iowa, where nearly 80 percent of our more than 900+ employee owners are based. Other offices are in Georgia, Kansas, Florida, Arizona, New Jersey, and Toronto, Ontario (Canada).
The VGM Group is one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Iowa, 100% employee owned, and has a company culture like no other. As an employee of the VGM Group, Inc. one has the opportunity to interact with all levels of the organization. In doing so, the right person will see the opportunity for personal and professional growth and take the appropriate steps to make that happen for their benefit and that of The VGM Group.
VGM Group, Inc. is 100% employee owned. As an employee of VGM individuals receive
- Gifted Employee Stock Ownership,
- 401k with up to 3% company match,
- Health Benefits - single to family, Dental, Vision, Long-term Disability etc., free walk-in clinic,
- PTO (Paid Time Off),
- Paid holidays.
This job description reflects the general duties of the job but is not a detailed description of all duties which may be inherent to the position. Reasonably related additional duties may be assigned to the individual Associate.
VGM is an equal opportunity employer.